Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the services provided by Boogie Magic Parties. Prior to booking any services with Boogie Magic Parties, it is essential that you read, understand and accept these Terms and Conditions. The act of returning a completed booking form to Boogie Magic Parties is confirmation of your understanding and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Section headers are for reference and guidance purposes, these do not limit the scope and extent of any individual section.
Boogie Magic Parties require a 50% non-refundable deposit of the full fee to secure your booking, to be paid at the time of booking.
Complete payment of the remaining cost of your fee is due at least one week before the date of your booking.
Boogie Magic Parties reserve the right to cancel your booking upon failure to pay as per the above terms.
A small travel fee is chargeable if your booking is to take place further than 10 miles away from our base in Hook, Hampshire. The travel fee is chargeable at the rate of 45 pence per mile each way, rounded to the nearest £5.00. The distance will be determined by Boogie Magic Parties according to the venue address you provide us with.
The travel fee applies for all characters travelling within one vehicle, if you book additional character that cannot travel within one vehicle a second travel fee will apply twice.
Deposit payments are non-refundable.
No refund will be given if your party is cancelled for the following reasons:
- The entertainer cannot continue entertainment for a party/event/visit due to unacceptable behaviour of participants, or their families. This includes behaviour which puts other party participants, or our entertainer at risk, and behaviour which is abusive.
- The entertainer leaves your booking because appropriate social distancing guidelines, laws, and Boogie Magic Parties own safety measures are not adhered to by you or your guests.
- In the very rare case that Boogie Magic Parties is unable to send your pre-booked character to your event due to unforeseen circumstances, we will contact you as soon as possible. To prevent cancellation, we will strive to mutually agree to send an alternative character to fulfil your booking. Should we be unable to supply an alternative character for your booking, either because we have no availability or because we do not have an available character you deem suitable, your full balance (including booking fee) will be refunded. This can take up to 7-10 working days.
Character performers and Entertainers
Character performers may vary from photographs shown on our website, social media pages, or any other media. We cannot guarantee that your party or event will be hosted by a particular entertainer. We do always guarantee a high-quality performance.
It is of the utmost importance to us that our performers are safe. We reserve the right for our performers to leave a party or event should they feel that their safety is in compromised in any way.
Parties with one entertainer are suitable for up to 25 children only. Parties with two entertainers are suitable for up to 35 children only. We reserve the right to end entertainment if these limits are exceeded.
If sweets are provided by our entertainers at an event or party, it is your responsibility as the customer/parent/guardian to inform us if you, your children, or party participants have any food allergies or dietary requirements. If you would prefer us not to bring sweets to your party for use as prizes, you must indicate so on our booking form.
Safety and Equipment
Boogie Magic Party entertainers will always instruct responsible behaviour, and the safe use of equipment. However:
- Our performers are not liable for any damages or injuries that may occur at any party or event.
- It is your responsibility, as the customer/parent/guardian to ensure that participants do not touch any of our sound, light or effects equipment. Electrical equipment can be dangerous and is not to be touched by children.
- Occasionally our entertainers may use equipment such as glitter, sand, synthetic snow, bubble liquid, and glue. It is your responsibility as the customer/parent/guardian to ensure that party participants do not consume any of this equipment.
- Boogie Magic Parties do not accept responsibility for any injuries occurred when party participants or their families do not follow the safety instructions verbally given by our entertainers. This includes accidents caused by the misuse of any of our equipment. Including, but not exclusive to: the misuse of parachutes and other shared props.
- Should our equipment, props, costumes or wigs become damaged following unacceptable, destructive behaviour from any party participant, our customer may be required to cover the financial cost of repair or replacement.
Your Personal Information
Boogie Magic Parties is committed to keeping your data secure.
When you make your booking with Boogie Magic Parties we will record your name, email address, phone number and address. Your information will be protected and shared only with the company directors and the performer(s) attending your party.
Boogie Magic Parties may take photos and videos at parties and events for our own promotional activities which may be used on our website and/or social media. We will always gain your agreement in advance prior to doing so. We may use any photos and videos you share with us from your event in the same way.
When planning for your booking to take place outdoors, the area provided for our characters must not be muddy or wet. We recommend you have an indoor area in mind for our characters as a back-up should the weather make it unsuitable for them to work outside.
Parking should be provided for our characters and assistants, and we require one space per three characters. Ideally, the parking area for our characters would be discreet to avoid children seeing characters getting into and out of cars
Entire agreement and applicable law
This Agreement sets out all terms between Boogie Magic Parties and clients
This contract shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and English courts shall have jurisdiction in relation to the agreement.